Hey all readers! I'm here to tell you about one of my favorite books, The Lovely Bones- by Alice Sebold.
This emotional book is about a 14 year old girl named Susie Salmon-like the fish- who is murdered.
Now, the catch about this book, is that it's in Susie's point of view. So you get to read about her new home in heaven, and learn what her family is up to.
Susie's sister, Ashley, is finding a romance with a boy named Samuel. While at the same time, Ray Singh, Susie's old boyfriend, is smitten with Ruth. You get to experience the lifetime of her little brother, Buckley, of 4, and see where his troubles take him.
Watching Mr. Harvey was my favorite part. The mysterious man is so good at hiding the evidence, that you will just want to scream, because it's always right in front of the characters faces!
Watching the scenery and characters grow and change definitely relates to real life, of emotional and mysterious deaths.
This book gives such an image, you'll never want to put it down---it's such a catch!
Now, you may be thinking that I've given things away, but trust me, I haven't. Because of Susie's point of view, you get to know everything that is going on, it's like your the one that was murdered, that's not freaky at all...! You''ll love this book, I hope as much as I did!
The book is always better
Carlie J Koets
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment